Note: To make either a Void or an Adjustment, the charge must have been billed and a payment must be attached to the charge. You must enter a payment (partial payment or a zero payment) that was received from the carrier in order to submit the void or adjustment.
1. Click the Charge tab.
2. In the Account # field, enter the patient’s account number, or search for it by clicking the Lookup button, or pressing F3.
3. Click the Review Charges tab.
4. Highlight the charge you want to edit, and then click the Edit button.
5. In the Edit a Charge screen, click the Void/Adjust button. You can submit a void or adjustment for primary or secondary insurance. Remember not Medicare.
6. In the Void or Adjustment field, select A for Adjustment, or V for Void.
7. In the Original Claim Number field, enter the original claim number as it appears on the EOB.
8. In the Charge Amount field, modify the original charge amount as needed when entering an Adjustment.
9. Click the Save button.
10. In the Edit a Charge screen, you must now regenerate the charge. In the Ins field on the Charge Insurance & Current Billing Status section, select the insurance carrier.
11. In the Status field, select B – Bill Current Insurance.
12. Delete any date information in the Date Billed field.
13. Click the Save button. Any Void or Adjustment attached to a charge will be cleared from the system once a claim is re-billed, however the history of any Voids or Adjustments may be viewed at any time using the Insurance Billing History screen available within Inquire > Charges > Billing History.
Press ? for Help in Practice Manage and Search Adjustments or Voids.