What is HealtheConnections?
HealtheConnections is the Regional Health Information Organization (RHIO) that manages and governs the exchange of patient health records serving the Central & Northern New York, Southern Tier, and Hudson Valley regions. The HIE is at the core of a community-wide network that allows healthcare partners to share and access consolidated patient medical records securely for improved patient care.
On May 1, 2019 two New York State RHIOs – HealtheConnection and HealthlnkNY – announced that they have now merged into one: HealtheConnections is now the largest RHIO in New York.
Because of this merger, STI can now offer our interfacing options to clients who reside in the various counties within these regions (newly expanded counties include: Chenango, Otsego, Tioga, Broome, Delaware, Sullivan, Ulster, Orange, Dutchess, Putnam, Rockland and Westchester). The map below highlights in orange, their new combined territory.
Some of you are already participating with HealtheConnections and are taking advantage of the services that are offered. For those that are not participating with HealtheConnections or are not familiar with our offerings, this would be an excellent opportunity to join. There is no cost to join HealtheConnections!
Enrolling for HealtheConnections
To begin your access to these services, please submit your name and contact information to Louise Byrne at 800.243.8682, Ext 2008.
Through HealtheConnections, ChartMaker customers can:
- Enable Results Delivery to receive lab, radiology, and transcribed reports directly to ChartMaker Clinical in your office.
- Use HealtheConnections’ Provider Portal to access Veteran’s Administration patient medical histories, access regional consolidated patient records from participating providers, and view clinical documentsyou’ve been named in using myResults.
- Receive Alerts & Notifications if a patient visits the Emergency Room, has an inpatient hospital visit or is discharged from the hospital.
- Retrieve patient summary data in a CCD from the health information exchange.
- Share data (CCD) with HealtheConnections to enhance a patient’s consolidated health record to enable transition of care with other community healthcare providers.
- CDA data exchange: NYS Department of Health (NYSDOH) with support from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has established the Data Exchange Incentive Program (DEIP) by helping offices defray the cost of connecting to their local HIE. The full funding amount of $13,000 will be awarded to qualified Professionals. PLEASE do not wait! This program ends 9/30/20 or when the available funding runs out.
- Receive image?enabled results (link to an image is attached in the radiology report), which qualifies for your Meaningful Use measures to access images from your EMR.