On December 3, 2020, the CDC announced six (6) new ICD10 diagnosis codes to identify conditions resulting from COVID-19. These ICD10 Codes will become effective on January 1, 2021. The new codes are:
- Z11.52 – Encounter for screening for COVID-19
- Z20.822 – Contact with and (suspected) exposure to COVID-19
- Z86.16 – Personal history of COVID-19
- M35.81 – Multisystem inflammatory syndrome (MIS)
- M35.89 – Other specified systemic involvement of connective tissue
- J12.82 – Pneumonia due to coronavirus disease 2019
To read the full announce and for further information, click here.